Facts About the School
Gig Harbor High School is a public high school that opened in September 1979. Current enrollment is 1611 students in grades 9-12. The school is fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. The school has a rich academic tradition that encourages students to challenge themselves via a demanding honors/Advanced Placement curriculum, a variety of career/technical courses tied to five distinct career pathways, and nationally recognized art and performing arts programs. Graduates complete a senior exhibition that requires them to write a research paper, complete a project, provide service to the community, and present their completed project to a board of community members for evaluation.
- Josh Lucas (1989), actor with roles in films Sweet Home Alabama, A Beautiful Mind, Glory Road, and Poseidon.
- Cory Procter (2001), currently playing in the National Football League with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Tally Hall, soccer goalkeeper, (2003) plays for the Houston Dynamo in MLS.
- Dave Krusen (1984) Former Drummer of Pearl Jam, Best known for being on the Album "Ten".
- Matt Gaschk (1999) Seattle Sounders FC - Digital Media writer to the stars. Recently retired Goalkeeper.